Bundle up and head to your nearest apple orchard, because we’re in the mood for baking!
To continue with the basic theme, Anne and I decided to treat you to one of our favorite Pinterest recipes that will have even your harshest critics coming back for seconds.
We present: Caramel Apple Pecan Bars, a recipe courtesy of The Gunny Sack!
To get started, you’ll need:
- 1 Spice Cake mix
- 1 Stick butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 Granny Smith (green) apples
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Ice cream
- Caramel sauce (we used Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping)
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine cake mix, egg and butter and mix well in a medium bowl
- Line a 9 x 13″ pan with parchment paper and grease
- Pat the cake mixture into the pan
- Peel and chop the apples
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in medium bowl and mix well
- Distribute coated apples evenly over the top of the cake mixture in pan
- Top with chopped pecans
- Drizzle whole can of sweetened condensed milk
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, caramel sauce and chopped pecans
…and voila! Just like that, you’ve mastered the art of baking!
Can’t get enough basic? Master these four digital elements to give your strategy the face-lift it needs this fall!